Each of the Nordic countries, Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden are modern industrialized economies with highly developed infrastructure and innovative companies. Foreign trade and international cooperation have great economic significance, especially in relation to Germany, their most important trading partner. Knowing the legal framework for trade and investments is crucial for companies in order to avoid various "pitfalls". The Baker Tilly Nordic Desk serves as a point of contact for our clients in order to ensure from the outset that all German-Nordic business decisions are made on a legally sound basis.
Nordic Desk News
According to statistics published by Bureau van Dijk, 3,509 deals with a total deal volume of approximately EUR 87 billion were announced in 2019 in the Nordics. Dr. Ralf Ek, LL.M., Rechtsanwalt/Advokat (Schweden), Partner and Head of the Nordic Desk at Baker Tilly gives an overview of M&A in the Nordic Countries.
Ett svenskt företag som överväger att starta någon form av ekonomisk verksamhet i Tyskland måste först och främst avgöra vilken omfattning verksamheten skall ha. Här kan man skilja mellan tre nivåer: etablera en representation, öppna en filial eller bilda ett dotterbolag.
What can we do for you?
With many years of expertise, we advise German companies on their business activities in Scandinavia and vice versa. We have a focus on cross-border M&A transactions and other economically significant projects. We not only understand the challenges of business law in the Nordic region; we are also familiar with the local cultural customs and can therefore provide you with success-oriented support for your project.
In Germany, our lawyers, tax advisors, auditors and business consultants offer our Nordic clients the entire range of consulting services necessary for the establishment and acquisition of businesses. Our Swedish-speaking partner Dr. Ralf Ek will support you with his more than 25 years’ experience in advising on German-Nordic legal issues.
Baker Tilly Nordic Desk: Our portfolio
- Assisting clients with market entry and ongoing business operations in the Nordic countries; in particular, advising on cross-border M&A transactions and joint ventures
- Advising Nordic companies in entering the German market; in particular, regarding M&A transactions, joint ventures, real estate acquisitions and the formation of subsidiaries
- Support in the establishment and further development of distribution systems
- Advice on labor law
- Clarification of national and international tax issues
- Support in restructuring and insolvency law issues
- Representation in court and arbitration proceedings
- Competence Center
- Audit & Advisory
- Antitrust Law
- Commercial Agreements
- Corporate Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Energy Law
- Financing & Regulatory
- Informationstechnologie und Datenschutz
- Insolvency Law
- Labor Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Nordic Desk
- Private Construction Law
- Procurement Law / Public Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax and White Collar Crime
- Venture Capital & Start-ups
- Management Consulting