Due to growing internationalization, increasing dynamics of the markets and manifold entrepreneurial activities VAT law is becoming ever more complex. Also in a global environment, VAT bears numerous sources of error. A change of laws or the fiscal authorities’ opinion, EU provisions and comprehensive case law do their part. Being a tax type relating to all flows of goods and services along the entire value-added chain, VAT can quickly become a cost factor. Besides: Auditors are increasingly turning their attention to VAT which is accompanied by an increasing tendency of consequences resulting from fiscal offenses.
Due to our professional expertise and our industry knowledge we will help you to minimize risks and identify savings potential. We support you in optimally structuring transactions and processes including input VAT deduction. By involving and closely cooperating with our colleagues from the international Baker Tilly network we can also advise you on the structuring of international transactions and with regard to cross-border supply and service relationships by taking into account customs-related aspects. We are your “sparring partner” when it comes to solving complex issues and we keep an overview of amendments and novelties.
Besides that, we support you during VAT audits. We represent you during appeal proceedings and proceedings before the tax courts as well as in connection with fiscal offense issues during which we act in close cooperation with our colleagues from the practice group “Law regarding Fiscal Offenses”.
Our range of services includes:
- Examination, structuring and optimization of national and international supplies and services
- Optimization of input VAT deduction
- VAT-related risk management
- Support during VAT audits
- Conduct of VAT-related opposition and appeal proceedings
- VAT reviews, VAT-related IT system checks and VAT quick checks
- VAT compliance in Germany and abroad
- VAT-related due diligence processes during corporate and real estate transactions
- VAT registrations in Germany and abroad as well as input VAT refund procedures
- In-house trainings
Partner Certified Tax Advisor, Consultant on company succession (Fachberaterin für Unternehmensnachfolge (DStV e. V.))