Our experts’ longstanding expertise is based upon many years of consulting on state aid law for many years. We advise federal states, counties, cities and municipalities and publicly funded companies (e.g., public utilities, hospitals, economic development and tourism marketing companies, etc.) on the granting of funds to these companies in compliance with state aid law and keep you safely on course.
Through our cooperation with qualified tax advisors and public accountants, we are able to go beyond mere legal advice and also cover tax and economic topics, for example, with regard to acting as a market economy operator ("private investor test") or the certification of a separation statement, in order to provide you with interdisciplinary support from a single source.
- Structuring of guarantees, shareholder loans and other capital-strengthening measures by public law shareholders in compliance with state aid law, in particular taking into account the private investor test
- Individual "location determination" in terms of state aid law, e.g., for investment management
- Development of individual templates and checklists (e.g., for "de minimis" aid)
- Design and implementation of employee training courses
- Development and implementation of entrustment acts
- Advice on the necessary implementation of a separation statement
- Examination of the exemption of subsidies according to the GBER and implementation of the formal notification and disclosure requirements
- Advice on infrastructure, re-municipalization and PPP projects
- Application for subsidies
- Structuring of projects in the field of research, development and innovation in compliance with state aid law
- Legal advice on notification and review procedures with the European Commission
- Support in connection with competitors’ complaints
- Legal representation before the EU courts and national courts
Partner Attorney-at-Law (Rechtsanwalt), Specialist Lawyer for Public Procurement Law