In order to identify compliance risks in good time and avert resulting sanctions at an early stage, we support you in the essential steps of a functioning compliance.
Compliance - understood as acting in accordance with the applicable law - is a central task of corporate bodies. Against this background, we work with our clients to develop organizational and personnel measures to promote legally compliant action throughout the company and a sustainable compliance culture in order to protect the company and its employees from criminal prosecution, claims for damages or reputational damage (preventive compliance). An essential component of such a compliance culture is the establishment of a whistleblower system with an ombudsperson to enable the company's own employees and business partners to report conspicuous observations without bias.
Furthermore, our internal investigations enable companies to understand and track events more precisely, with the aim of avoiding similar incidents in the future through improvements in processes and procedures. In the event of an incident that could result in criminal prosecution or possible liability under the German Administrative Offenses Act (OWiG), we also provide advice and support in these cases.
Whistleblowing systems - A trend is taking root
Whistleblower systems in order to complement compliance organizations - a win-win situation for everyone involved - publication in German
Our services in the field of Compliance & Ombudsperson
- Preventive compliance consulting
- Corporate governance for business managers and supervisory bodies
- Establishment of compliance management systems
- Provision of a whistleblower facility with ombudsperson
- Provision of a complaint procedure in accordance with the Due Diligence Act (Supply Chain Act)
- Preparation of compliance guidelines
- Training for employees and managers
- Advice on data protection, money laundering prevention and anti-corruption, export controls and antitrust law
- Conducting internal special investigations and internal audits
- Crisis management and measures to protect against reputational damage
- Advice on investigative proceedings and criminal defense
- Foreign trade law